U10 Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) Block 20
Sale: $5,060 inc GST
Block 20* – The Under 10 Youth Development Big Mountain & Ski Cross program is a specifically designed cross-over ski program for athletes between the ages of 8 – 10 years, This program is a combination of Freeride Big Mountain skills and Ski Cross and is suitable for children who can ski Blue runs and may have progressed through Ski School levels 5 or 6 and they are now looking for their next challenge. The Block is a set schedule of 20 training days which include 10 days during the June School Holidays and then 5 weekends(fortnightly) of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
The programs aim to instil a passion for snow sports while developing strong fundamental skiing skills so athletes are confident all over the mountain. Confidence and self-discipline are developed through sequential programming and friendly competition, in a family-oriented environment.
Getting started and building the basics
U10 Athletes will learn the basics of athletic skiing and build skills and friendships to last a lifetime.
The focus is on having fun and spending as much time on snow as possible. This includes all-mountain skills, agility focus, introduction to speed, Ski-X, Free Ride jumps off-piste and gates (brushes and stubbies).
Variety is the key to the development of skilled, versatile athletes who are able to handle anything, anywhere:
- trees and powder;
- tucking and gliding;
- slow, controlled and precise skiing;
- fast, athletic and fluid movement;
- skiing with and without poles and one or two skis; and
- gate training and specific race techniques.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 24 athletes
- U10 should be confident parallel skiers on blue terrain (Slalom Gully, Sun Run, etc).
- Prior training experience is NOT necessary!
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- The dates will be confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.
3 in stock