U8 Snowboard Fundamentals – Block 10
Block 10* – The Under 8 Youth Development Snowboard Fundamental Program is specifically designed for athletes between the ages of 5-7 years, the program and the flexible Block training package enable Athletes to select 10 days of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
The Youth Development program is ideal for athletes who have outgrown the ski school’s Mighty Mights program or levels 5 or 6 (Freddy French Fries or Hot Shots), and are looking to develop their skills in a fun, challenging and safe environment. teamHOTHAM introduces the athletes to enthusiastic and experienced coaches in a skills-based program that focuses on fun and skill-based games. This is where the journey of snow sports skills for life begins!
Building the passion
U8 athletes will learn the basics of strong Snowboarding and build skills and friendships that will last a lifetime.
The goal is to develop passionate young Snowboarders who are able to handle all snow conditions, anytime on the mountain.
- Developing the fundamental skill of snowboarding
- Balance, edging, steering and timing
- Short turns, big turns, no turns
- Finding enjoyment in regular freeride activity
- Emphasis on physical literacy, sport-specific movement exercises, flexibility
- Confidently handle flat and steep terrain; and
- Introduction to gate training.
The U8 athletes will do a little bit of everything in a challenging, safe, confidence-boosting and fun environment.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 20 athletes (4 groups of 5)
- Athletes should be competent on green runs, and confident on easier blue terrain (Sun Run and Slalom Gully).
- Able to load on chairs with some assistance
- Prior training experience is NOT necessary!
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- You must nominate your preferred dates and pay prior to the 15th of June.
- The requested dates will be reviewed and confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Dates are then locked in and once locked in, refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.