U10 Snowboard Fundamentals – Block 15
Block 15* – The Under 10 Youth Development Snowboard Fundamentals programs are specifically designed for athletes between the ages of 8 – 10 years, these programs are suitable for children who can snowboard Blue runs and may have progressed through Ski School levels 5 or 6 and they are now looking for their next challenge. The flexible Block training package enables Athletes to select 15 days of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
The programs aim to instil a passion for snow sports while developing strong fundamental snowboarding skills so athletes are confident all over the mountain. Confidence and self-discipline are developed through sequential programming and friendly competition, in a family-oriented environment.
Getting started and building the basics
U10 Athletes will learn snowboard skills with an emphasis on holistic skill development technical, tactical, physical and psychological and friendships to last a lifetime.
The focus is on having fun and spending as much time on snow as possible. This includes all-mountain skills, regular freeride activity to further refine skills and sampling other snow sports disciplines to a high level.
Variety is the key to the development of skilled, versatile athletes who are able to handle anything, anywhere:
- Refining all key skills of snowboarding including;
- Balance, edging, steering, jumping, and timing
- Trees and powder
- Slow, controlled and precise snowboarding
- Fast, athletic and fluid movement
- Finding enjoyment in regular freeride activity
- Continued emphasis on overall physical literacy
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 24 athletes
- U10 should be confident snowboarders on blue terrain (Slalom Gully, Sun Run, etc).
- Prior training experience is NOT necessary!
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- You must nominate your preferred dates and pay prior to the 15th of June.
- The requested dates will be reviewed and confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Dates are then locked in and once locked in, refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.