U10 Snowboard Fundamentals – Part Time Plus
The U10 Youth Development Part-Time Plus Snowboard programs are specifically designed for athletes between the ages of 8 to 10 years, the program runs from Friday to Sunday each week and has 38 days of on-snow and dryland training.
The programs aim to instil a passion for snow sports while developing strong fundamental Snowboarding skills so athletes are confident all over the mountain. Confidence and self-discipline are developed through sequential programming and friendly competition, in a family-oriented environment.
Getting started and building the basics
U10 Athletes will learn the basics of athletic snowboarding and build skills and friendships to last a lifetime.
The focus is on having fun and spending as much time on snow as possible. Variety is the key to the development of skilled, versatile athletes who are able to handle anything, anywhere:
- Continue refining all key skills of snowboarding including;
- Balance, edging, steering, jumping, and timing
- Bumps and jumps;
- Off-piste in trees and powder;
- Slow, controlled and precise snowboarding;
- Short turns – medium turns – big turns – no turns;
- Fast, athletic and fluid movement;
- Regular freeride activity to further refine complement of skills
- Gate training; and
- Specific race techniques.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 32 athletes
- U10 athletes should be confident snowboarders all over the mountain in a variety of snow conditions.
- Prior race training experience is NOT necessary!
Snow Australia Registration
All athletes who participate in races (other than Interschools) will be required to be a member of Snow Australia. Families are responsible for the arrangement of their own Snow Australia membership. Please refer to the Snow Australia page for details.