U12 Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) – Block 20
Sale: $5,060 inc GST
Block 20* – The U12 Youth Development Big Mountain & Ski Cross program is a specifically designed cross-over ski program for athletes between the ages of 10 to 12 years, The Block is a set schedule of 20 training days which include 10 days during the June School Holidays and then 5 weekends(fortnightly) of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
The program is designed to help athletes bridge the gap between the entry-level U10 and the more intensive Snow Australia Pathway Programs from U14 and above. The program is suited to athletes who are confident skiers all over the mountain(black runs) in a variety of snow conditions and they should have completed levels 5 or 6 at ski school.
The U12 program provides the flexibility to place young people into the right peer-based learning environments, determined by developmental needs and not solely by chronological age.
Building the framework
The U12 athletes do a little bit of everything on and off the snow, with a strong focus on holistic skill development (technical, tactical, physical and psychological), with increased exposure gates training and all-mountain competency remaining the core focus.
The U12 program focuses on rounding out the athlete’s fundamental skills, combined with an increased focus on all terrain Freeride skiing and Ski Cross skills development provides for the introduction of more advanced skiing concepts and equipment maintenance. This typically includes:
- Freeride and Ski-X skill drills and courses;
- tucking and gliding techniques;
- bumps and jumps;
- off-piste in trees and powder;
- skiing with and without poles on one or two skis;
- slow, controlled and precise skiing;
- short turns – medium turns – big turns – no turns;
- fast, athletic and fluid movement;
- gate training; and
- specific race techniques.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 32 athletes
- U12 athletes should be confident skiing all over the mountain in a variety of snow conditions.
- Prior race training experience is NOT necessary!
Snow Australia Registration
All athletes who participate in races (other than Interschools) will be required to be a member of Snow Australia. Families are responsible for the arrangement of their own Snow Australia membership. Please refer to the Snow Australia page for details.
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- Dates will be confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.
4 in stock