U12 Freeride Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) – Block 20
Sale: $5,060 inc GST
Block 20* – U12 Freeride Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) is a cross-over program designed to give athletes exposure to both Freeride Big Mountain and Ski Cross Alpine Skiing and is for athletes between the ages of 10 to 12 years and provides the ultimate development opportunity for athletes striving to get the most out of their chosen Winter Snow Sport.
The Block is a set schedule of 20 training days which include 10 days during the June School Holidays and then 5 weekends(fortnightly) of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season. The Block is a set schedule of 20 training days which include 10 days during the June School Holidays and then 5 weekends(fortnightly) of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
This program is a cross-over ski program that is ideal for athletes who have not previously participated in Alpine race training, the athletes should be competent all-mountain skiers able to ski black runs and off-piste and they should have completed levels 5 or 6 at ski school.
teamHOTHAM Freeride Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) program provides the ultimate development opportunity for athletes striving to get the most out of their chosen Winter Snow Sport. Our coaches will assess program participants to ensure they are matched with the best cohort to ensure they are able to develop and progress to their potential, no matter if their focus is on competition at National and International Race events or simply being a competent skier who can manage all-mountain terrain.
Our Pathway performance program focuses on athlete development, focusing on technique and skills to enable them to compete in various disciplines. Athletes choosing a focus discipline will still have exposure to the other disciplines.
teamHOTHAM is an accredited Snow Australia Pathway Program Provider, our programs align with Snow Australia’s best practice athletic and sports development framework FTEM Foundation, Talent, Elite, Mastery, as part of a whole of sport pathway continuum.
The coaching team works through a carefully planned program, which includes:
- Freeride discipline focus is on- Freeride, Park, Rails, Slope Style, Big Air or Ski-Cross.
- Freeride discipline skill development
- Drills – gates & stubbies;
- Physical literacy is based on a strong base of movement skills and
- Dryland skills (warmup and recovery).
- skiing with and without poles on one or two skis;
- slow, controlled and precise skiing;
- short turns – medium turns – big turns – no turns;
- fast, athletic and fluid movement;
- gate training; and
- specific race techniques.
- U12 athletes should be confident skiing all over the mountain in a variety of snow conditions.
- Prior race training experience is NOT necessary! Please contact Jeff Books firstname.lastname@example.org Winter Sports Club, Director of Programs and Sports Development to check the suitability of this program for your child or to discuss an alternative program.
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- Dates will be confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.
2 in stock