U12 Freeride Skiing – Weekends
Sale: $6,138 inc GST
The teamHOTHAM Weekends U12 Freeride Skiing programs are for athletes between the ages of 10 to 12 years and provide the ultimate development opportunity for athletes striving to get the most out of their chosen Winter Snow Sport. The program runs from Saturday to Sunday each week and has 31 days of on-snow and dryland training.
The U12 athletes do a little bit of everything on and off the snow, with a strong focus on holistic skill development (technical, tactical, physical and psychological), with increased exposure gates training and all-mountain competency remaining the core focus.
Our coaches will assess program participants to ensure they are matched with the best cohort to ensure they are able to develop and progress to their maximum potential. No matter if their focus is on competition at National and International Race events or simply being a competent skier who can manage all-mountain terrain.
Our Pathway performance program focuses on athlete development, focusing on technique and skills to enable them to compete in various disciplines. Athletes choosing a focus discipline will still have exposure to the other disciplines.
teamHOTHAM is an accredited Snow Australia Pathway Program Provider, our programs align with Snow Australia’s best practice athletic and sports development framework FTEM Foundation, Talent, Elite, Mastery, as part of a whole of sport pathway continuum.
The coaching team works through a carefully planned program, which includes:
- Freeride discipline focus is on- Freeride, Park, Rails, Slope Style, Big Air or Ski-Cross.
- Freeride discipline skill development
- Drills – gates & stubbies;
- Physical literacy is based on a strong base of movement skills and
- Dryland skills (warmup and recovery).
- skiing with and without poles on one or two skis;
- slow, controlled and precise skiing;
- short turns – medium turns – big turns – no turns;
- fast, athletic and fluid movement;
- gate training; and
- specific race techniques.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 32 athletes
- U12 athletes should be confident skiing all over the mountain in a variety of snow conditions.
- Prior race training experience is NOT necessary!
Snow Australia Registration
All athletes who participate in races (other than Interschools) must be members of Snow Australia. Families are responsible for the arrangement of their own Snow Australia.
Please refer to the Snow Australia page for details.
2 in stock