U12 Snowboard Fundamentals – Block 20
Sale: $5,060 inc GST
Block 20* – The Under 12 Youth Development Snowboard Fundamentals programs are specifically designed for athletes between the ages of 10 to 12 years, the Block training package is 20 days of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
The program is designed to help athletes bridge the gap between the entry-level U10 and the more intensive Snow Australia Pathway Programs from U14 and above. The program is suited to athletes who are confident snowboarders all over the mountain(black runs) in a variety of snow conditions and they should have completed levels 5 or 6 at ski school.
The U12 program provides the flexibility to place young people into the right peer-based learning environments, determined by developmental needs and not solely by chronological age.
Building the framework
The U12 athletes do a little bit of everything on and off the snow, with a strong focus on holistic skill development (technical, tactical, physical and psychological), with increased exposure gates training and all-mountain competency remaining the core focus.
The U12 program focuses on rounding out the athlete’s fundamental skills, combined with an increased time in gate-based environments and provides for the introduction of more advanced snowboarding concepts and equipment maintenance. This typically includes:
- Continue refining all key skills of snowboarding including;
- Balance, edging, steering, jumping, and timing
- Bumps and jumps;
- Off-piste in trees and powder;
- Slow, controlled and precise snowboarding;
- Short turns – medium turns – big turns – no turns;
- Fast, athletic and fluid movement;
- Regular freeride activity to further refine the complement of skills
- Gate training; and
- Specific race techniques.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 32 athletes
- U12 athletes should be confident snowboarders all over the mountain in a variety of snow conditions.
- Prior race training experience is NOT necessary!
Snow Australia Registration
All athletes who participate in races (other than Interschools) will be required to be a member of Snow Australia. Families are responsible for the arrangement of their own Snow Australia membership. Please refer to the Snow Australia page for details.
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- The dates will be confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.
6 in stock