U14/16 Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) – Block 20
Sale: inc GST
Block 20* – Advanced Development Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) is a cross-over program designed to give athletes exposure to both Freeride Big Mountain and Ski Cross Alpine Skiing and is for athletes between the ages of 13 and 16 years. The Block is a set schedule of 20 training days which include 10 days during the June School Holidays and then 5 weekends(fortnightly) of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season. The Block is a set schedule of 20 training days which include 10 days during the June School Holidays and then 5 weekends(fortnightly) of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
This program is a cross-over ski program that is ideal for athletes who have not previously participated in Alpine race training, the athletes should be competent all-mountain skiers able to ski black runs and off-piste and they should have completed levels 5 or 6 at ski school.
teamHOTHAM Advanced Development Big Mountain & Ski Cross (BM-X) program provides the ultimate development opportunity for athletes striving to get the most out of their chosen Winter Snow Sport. Our coaches will assess program participants to ensure they are matched with the best cohort to ensure they are able to develop and progress to their potential, no matter if their focus is on competition at National and International Race events or simply being a competent skier who can manage all-mountain terrain.
Our Pathway performance program focuses on athlete development, focusing on technique and skills to enable them to compete in various disciplines. Athletes choosing a focus discipline will still have exposure to the other disciplines.
teamHOTHAM is an accredited Snow Australia Pathway Program Provider, our programs align with Snow Australia’s best practice athletic and sports development framework FTEM Foundation, Talent, Elite, Mastery, as part of a whole of sport pathway continuum.
Click on the relevant link for more information on Athlete Pathways (FTEM) or Snow Australia Pathway Program Providers
The coaching team works through a carefully planned program, which includes:
- Freeride, Big Mountain and Ski Cross with exposure to off-piste;
- Drills – gates & stubbies;
- Bumps and jumps;
- Alpine discipline skill development Ski-X;
- Off-piste in trees and powder;
- Specific race techniques.
- Physical literacy is based on a strong base of movement skills and
- Dryland skills (warm-up and recovery).
Entry Requirments: The Advanced Development Alpine programs are designed for competent all-mountain skiers able to ski black runs and off-piste and they should have completed levels 5 or 6 at ski school. Please contact Jeff Books firstname.lastname@example.org Winter Sports Club, Director of Programs and Sports Development to check the suitability of this program for your child or to discuss an alternative program.
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- Dates will be confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.
2 in stock
There are no reviews yet.