U18+ Snowboard Race & SBX – Part Time Plus
The teamHOTHAM Part-Time Plus Snowboard Race & SBX program is designed for athletes U18 Plus of age the program runs from Friday to Sunday each week and has 39 days of on-snow and dryland training. The programs are performance-based Pathway Programs that are designed to optimise the development of the whole athlete – technical, tactical, physical, mental and social.
Athletes will work on the technical specifics for Snowboard Race and Snowboard Cross (SBX).
teamHOTHAM builds on the athlete’s desire to compete and perform in races. teamHOTHAM’s Advanced Development programs provide an increase in the level of challenge and activities and Athletes will spend more time in gates and specific training environments. The overall focus remains on the execution of strong fundamental technical and tactical skills on all terrain and in all snow conditions, especially in training and race environments.
The Performance Program provides athletes with an opportunity to;
- Further, develop their racing technique;
- Understand and develop an optimal race line;
- Implement event-specific technical and tactical skills;
- Increase gate training intensity
- Develop a customised physical conditioning program;
- Enhance tuning skills and techniques;
- Refine goals and identify what preparation works on race day.
- Developing stamina, suppleness, strength and power;
- Short drill and full-length courses;
- All-mountain technical Snowboarding in all snow conditions.
Maximum Age Level Enrolment
- 32 athletes
Snow Australia Registration
All athletes who participate in races (other than Interschools) must be members of Snow Australia. Families are responsible for the arrangement of their own Snow Australia.
Please refer to the Snow Australia page for details.