- APSI Level 4 – Full Certification
- Level 1 Freestyle Coach
- Mountaineering and Backcountry Level 1 (USA)
- Working with Children Check
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science
Here are some fast facts about Alastair that you might not know!
- Home Mountain: Mount Hotham
- Years Skiing: 38 years
- Coaching Philosophy: SAFETY comes first, followed by FUN. We learn faster when we have fun. I focus on stance first, coach athletes individually and keep the group moving. The more we ski the better we ski.
- Favourite sport (outside of skiing): Fly Fishing
- Favourite food: Lamb roast
- Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten: Deep-fried spider in Mexico
- 5 things that are always in your fridge: UDO’s Oil, eggs, bacon, spinach, tomatoes
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without: Oxygen
- Who would you invite to a dinner party: My sister
- Ski resort/mountain you most want to visit: Chamonix
- Stand out race/skiing memory: Competing next to Candide Thovex at the Rip Curl Pro at Hotham in 2002 / Heliskiing in Alaska is a standout memory.
- Milestone (Ski Racing/Coaching) Performance: Taking 4 Hotham athletes who had never been in a halfpipe to the Halfpipe and Slopestyle Junior National Champs in Perisher 2015. Came home with 1st and 2nd place in the Halfpipe Junior Nationals (1st Sam Heffernan, 2nd Tom Heffernan) with only 3 days of halfpipe training.
- Places around the world you’ve skied? Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, France, Austria and Japan
- Why did you choose a career in skiing: I love skiing and facilitating that love for skiing with athletes as they progress.