- Canadian Ski Coaches Federation Level 3
- Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance Level 3
- British Columbia Alpine Official Program Level 3
- Canadian Ski Instructor’s Alliance – Park and Pipe Certification
- Canadian Ski Instructor’s Alliance – Course Conductor
- Kinesiology & Sports Science
Here are some fast facts about Jeff that you might not know!
- Home mountain: Searchmont, Ontario, Canada
- Years Skiing: 31
- Coaching Philosophy: I believe in high volume – high focus training environments that prioritize foundational skills (the basics are always the basics, at every level). I believe in engaging, empowering, and assisting athletes to prepare themselves to be the best of their ability on, and off the hill.
- Favourite sport (outside of skiing): Mountain biking – golf – ice hockey.
- Favourite food: Thai food (#24 spicy please)
- Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten: Snake (it was really good!)
- Worst ski crash: I’ve had a few biggish falls (who hasn’t) resulting in concussion or breaks, but the worst was more of an uphill transport incident a few years ago in northern Sweden (see pic…this was a tricky situation).
- 5 things that are always in your fridge: hot sauce, halloumi, broccoli, berries and eggs.
- What’s the one that you couldn’t live without touring boots.
- Who would you invite to a dinner party: the top of the list would have to be Neil Peart; the great (and sadly late) drummer and lyricist from the Canadian power trio band ‘Rush’.
- Ski resort/mountain you most want to visit: Gulmarg, India
- Stand out race memory: Zagreb, Croatia 2020
- Milestone ski racing performances: beating Scotti Sanderson @ the Hotham Spring Cup (on more than one occasion…)
- Why did you choose to be a ski coach: I chose to be a ski coach because I loved the sport – I choose to continue coaching because I enjoy sharing my passion for sport and learning, while positively contributing towards the athletic, and character development of athletes.