U18+ Alpine Racing & Ski Cross – Block 20
Block 20* – Advanced Development Part-Time Plus Alpine Ski Racing & Ski Cross programs are designed for athletes U18 plus of age and the flexible Block training package enables Athletes to select 20 days of on-snow and dryland training throughout the season.
teamHOTHAM Advanced Development Alpine Ski Racing & Ski Cross U18 Plus FIS programs are performance-based Pathway Programs that are designed to optimise the development of the whole athlete – technical, tactical, physical, mental and social. Our Pathway performance program focuses on athlete development, focusing on technique and skills to enable them to compete in various disciplines. Athletes choosing a focus discipline will still have exposure to the other disciplines.
teamHOTHAM is an accredited Snow Australia Pathway Program Provider, our programs align with Snow Australia’s best practice athletic and sports development framework FTEM Foundation, Talent, Elite, Mastery, as part of a whole of sport pathway continuum.
teamHOTHAM builds on the athlete’s desire to compete and perform in races. The program does allow for participation in the ANC (Australian and New Zealand FIS Championship) Race series events which are hosted in Australia, in August each year.
teamHOTHAM’s FIS program provides an increase in the level of challenge and activities and Athletes will spend more time in gates and specific training environments. The overall focus remains on the execution of strong fundamental technical and tactical skills on all terrain and in all snow conditions, especially in training and race environments.
The Performance Program provides athletes with an opportunity to;
- Further, develop their racing technique;
- Understand and develop an optimal race line;
- Implement event-specific technical and tactical skills;
- Increase gate training intensity
- Develop a customised physical conditioning program;
- Enhance tuning skills and techniques;
- Refine goals and identify what preparation works on race day.
- Developing stamina, suppleness, strength and power;
- Short drill and full-length courses;
- All-mountain technical skiing in all snow conditions
Entry Requirments: The Advanced Development Alpine U18 Plus FIS programs are designed for Alpine Skiers who have completed the teamHOTHAM Advanced Development U16, or have gained similar experience with another Pathway Program Provider Club. Please contact Jeff Books email@example.com Winter Sports Club, Director of Programs and Sports Development to check the suitability of this program for your child or to discuss an alternative program.
- Offer open to prior MHRS participants or with Team Hotham Director of Programs and Sports Development approval (subject to group mix, ability and numbers.)
- Team Hotham reserves the right to limit enrolments in Block Programs due to coaching capacity.
- You must nominate your preferred dates and pay prior to the 15th of June.
- The requested dates will be reviewed and confirmed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Best efforts will be used but if we are unable to resource and facilitate the requested dates a full refund will be provided.
- Dates are then locked in and once locked in, refunds will only be provided for medical certificate or approval by the treasurer.